Hearing / Epic
The Hearing Aid benefit is a member – only benefit. You may receive 100% of the cost of a hearing aid, up to a maximum of $500 per ear, one time every 5 years.
Member Process Flow
- Initiation – Member contacts the call center toll free at 866-956-5400
- Registration and Referral – EPIC hearing counselor registers member and issues referral to local participating provider.
- Payment Process – After the patient is seen, provider sends hearing aid recommendation with patient’s audiometric results to EPIC. EPIC will contact patient to discuss recommendation; insurance coverage; and any applicable out-of-pocket expense with payment and financing options.
- Fitting and Trial Period – The hearing aid(s) are ordered by the provider. The patient is fit with the hearing aid(s) beginning their 45 day trial period.
- Finalization – At the completion of the 45 day trial period both the patient and the provider sign off on the hearing aid(s). The patient is then mailed a complimentary one year supply of batteries and his / her repair warranty is extended to 3 years.
For more information on the Hearing Program contact:
FAQ – Hearing Benefit
Does the Health Plan offer a Hearing benefit?
YES – Hearing Healthcare (this is a member-only benefit. Dependents, including spouses, are not eligible for this benefit)
The Health Plan offers a hearing healthcare benefit through EPIC hearing. The Plan provides the following hearing benefit:
- Hearing Exam: $70 allowance once every 2 years. You can use any provider you want, but if you use an EPIC participating provider, the hearing exam is covered in full and you have no out of pocket expense.
- Hearing Aids: $500 per ear once every 5 years